The deadline for the following is December 31, 2022:
The submission of an updated Temporary Tax Return for the year 2022:
Upwards revision of the Temporary Tax return for the year 2022:
- If the Taxpayer decides to go ahead with the upward revision of the first Temporary Tax filed for the year 2022, any such revision can be produced using the Tax Portal (i.e., there is no obligation for the completion of the TD6 form) by December 31, 2022.
- It should be highlighted that every extra amount (difference) between both the initial and amended first installments may be made using wire transfer or Internet Banking to the Tax Authorities prior to December 31, 2022, to prevent the application of excessive penalties and interest for the month of December 2022.
- After revision, the second installment's payment must be made by December 31, 2022, which can be made via wire transfer or Internet Banking. No penalties or interest will be applied, however, if the payment is completed before January 31st, 2023.
Downwards revision of the Temporary Tax return for the year 2022:
- If the taxpayer decides to continue with the initial Temporary Tax downward revision forwarded for the year 2022, those very revisions must only be made via submission of an updated Provisional Tax return (Form TD.5 for natural persons and Form TD.6 for legal persons) to the Tax Authorities various District Tax Offices through the use of email, based on the District Tax Office of the taxpayer, by the end of the year 2022.
- The second installment must be paid by December 31, 2022, and can be done so using a wire transfer or Internet Banking after the Tax Authorities have approved the new provisional form. Nevertheless, no interest or penalties will be assessed if the payment is completed before January 31st, 2023.
Temporary Tax return for the year 2022 for the companies incorporated during 2022:
- Please review the attached Tax Alert issued by EY in October about the same issue for your information.
No revision of the Temporary Tax return for the year 2022:
- By January 31st, 2023, the second installment of the 2022 Provisional tax can be paid via wire transfer or Internet Banking.
SDC and GHS for the 2nd semester of 2022:
- The deadline for paying the Special Defense Contribution (SDC) and General Healthcare System (GHS) contributions for the second semester of 2022 on rental income that the tenant has not denied, on interest from foreign banks, as well as any dividend income that may be subject to GHS and SDC is December 31, 2022.
Special Contribution for Defence for the distributable profits of the year 2020 for deemed distribution purposes:
- By January 31st, 2023, SDC must receive payment for the distributable profits from the year 2020 for deemed distribution purposes.
Note: Deemed distribution will not be applicable to profits that are indirectly or directly attributed to shareholders who do not live in Cyprus or to individual shareholders who are not determined to be tax residents or have a domicile in Cyprus.